Diffstat (limited to 'DESIGN')
1 files changed, 0 insertions, 8 deletions
@@ -76,14 +76,6 @@
Applications that use threads continue to work if Unicorn
is only serving LAN or localhost clients.
-* Timeout implementation is done via fchmod(2) in each worker
- on a shared file descriptor to update st_ctime on the inode.
- Master process wakeups for checking on timeouts is throttled
- one a second to minimize the performance impact and simplify
- the code path within the worker. Neither futimes(2) nor
- pwrite(2)/pread(2) are supported by base MRI, nor are they as
- portable on UNIX systems as fchmod(2).
* SIGKILL is used to terminate the timed-out workers from misbehaving apps
as reliably as possible on a UNIX system. The default timeout is a
generous 60 seconds (same default as in Mongrel).